16th March 2020
We are writing to reassure you that everything is in place and ready for remote learning to begin next week.
We would like to draw your attention to these important points below:
1. Contact details – Please refer to the email which will be sent from the school in reference to your
contact details. It is imperative that we have correct contact details for all parents at this time.
This form will also confirm:
• Availability of parental support.
• Student access to a device.
Please respond to this by Thursday, 19th March.
2. Online Safeguarding – to ensure our students’ safety during this period, please read and digitally
sign this parental agreement: Remote Learning Parent Safeguarding Agreement and Screen Time
3. Registration, Student Engagement and Progress – students are expected to be active in daily
online learning. Teachers or pastoral staff will be in touch with you if a child is not engaging or a
4. Preparation for Online Learning – Online learning pages will be made available to you on Friday,
20th March. Please check your access to learning resources, activities and platforms. If you face any
significant difficulties, tutors, subject and class teachers will be available to respond via email
between 15:00 and 17:00 on both Friday, 20th and Saturday, 21st March to answer any questions
you might have.
5. Online Training for parents – please see these links for videos on how to access the VLE and
Remote Learning. Pre-Prep, Prep Year 3-6 & Prep Year 7-8. Online virtual sessions will be running
for those parents who would like training on the following areas:
|Session Focus (virtual)||Date and Time||Access Links|
|VLE||12:00 – 12:45||https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/716556757|
|Google resources||13:00 – 13:45||https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/745463669|
|SeeSaw (Years 3 and above)||14:00 – 14:45||https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/467972357|
|VLE||12:00 – 12:45||https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/951531437|
|Google resources||13:00 – 13:45||https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/620019709|
|SeeSaw (Years 3 and above)||14:00 – 14:45||https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/777720845|
6. Cultural sensitivity – We will do our best to filter out any cultural insensitivities but if you do
notice anything then please bring it to our attention via the end of day feedback form (see point 8
below). Please bear in mind some of the content is intrinsically bound by the UK exam board
7. Communication – if there is a subject specific problem, please contact the class or subject teacher
in the first instance. The contact details of each teacher are here or are also on each task set on the
Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
8. End of day feedback survey – we have created a Prep and Senior School Daily Feedback Survey in
order for us to monitor how things are going for Prep and Senior students.
Pre-Prep, have a link for each day on the Pre-Prep area of the VLE.
9. Working hours – from Sunday, 22nd March, staff will be available, via email, between 08:00 and
15:00. If you have any queries regarding a lesson, please contact the subject teacher/class teacher
directly. If your issue is of a technical nature, the teacher will refer you to firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Trips & Events – additional correspondence will be sent out this week outlining the procedure for
11. Calendar – we have provisionally rescheduled events but please keep up to date with the calendar
on SOCS as these parameters are likely to shift again.
Further advice on creating the right learning environment, structure for the day and support for the
parents will follow in the correspondence from the individual heads of school. This will be sent on
Wednesday, 18th March.
Michael Wilson | School Principal